Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Lake House

Genres: Drama, Romance and Remake
Running Time:
1 hr. 38 min.
Release Date:
June 16th, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating:
PG for some language and a disturbing image.
Distributors:
Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution

Directed by: Alejandro Agresti

JJ Rating: A –

I am deciding if I liked it as much as I think I do. I was surrounded by women in twos. Do you happen to know what that means? Well if you do not let me share: THEY TALK! Do they talk soft? Well NO. LOUD and they talk as if they should be praised for knowing what was to happen next.

Anyways the movie was interesting. It was different in a good way. Everything tied together very well. The movie centers on a mail box that connects two people two years a part at the lake house.

It is predictable but at the same time I believe it to be refreshing considering what kind of romantic films are out there. It is sort of similar to people IMing each other miles and miles away. They may or may not ever see each other. That is what the users of the mail box face. Will they or will they not ever get to see each other?

Even though it is predictable there are still some really good scenes in the movie that I enjoyed a lot. I like the way it made me feel. It was a feel good feel besides the ever annoying presence of talking women. I would get specific on the scenes but seeing how there really is not a lot to toy with I will have to be as mum as Sandra Bullock is on her private life during interviews.

So if you are up for a good, refreshing, predictable movie then go and see it. If not then go to a real lake house and read a book that is romantic. If not that then I do not know. Do not go and see it and expect a beach house instead of a lake house that might make you have a bad movie going experience if you get what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home