Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Break Up

Genres: Comedy
Running Time: 106 min.
Release Date: June 2nd, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sexual content, some nudity and language.
Distributers: Universal Pictures Distribution
Directed by: Peyton Reed

JJ Rating: D+

The movie. Never. Ever. Ended. It just kept going and going and going and I do not really know what it was going on? It had nothing more to go on once it hit the real end which was the end that was 30 minutes prior to the actual end.

Was it funny? All the funny-funny parts were in the what? The preview. Exactly! So for me there was not something I had to laugh hard about because in reality I have already seen it. The Richard character’s part was practically shown all in the preview and that is kind of a let down but true.

The movie presents a good point that communication is paramount but everyone knows that and this movie takes the long winded approach anyway so really I saved you some time from seeing it. Watch the preview and think, “Oh I should communicate better” and BOOM you got the gist of the entire movie without wasting 2 hours of your hard livin’ life. You are welcome.

There is one good scene that occurs between the main guy and his friend at the bar. It happens towards the end of the movie and it is actually pretty funny. It would be the only thing that was not in the trailer that was laugh out loud funny.

The movie felt like it did not want to break up with the audience and wanted to hold us hostage for life. Movies about love should not last so long. It is against some sort of cardinal movie law. I should make these laws. Okay I will not make those laws because really I do not have any clue about making such laws. I just know this movie broke it but I had to pay the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home