Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

Genres: Comedy, Drama and Adaptation
Running Time:
106 min.
Release Date:
June 30th, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating:
PG-13 for some sensuality.
Distributors:
20th Century Fox

Directed by:
David Frankel

JJ Rating: B+

I have had bosses that were mean but none of them were ever smart and mean. That would be a nice combination to see. That is what this movie shows…a boss that is played by Meryl Streep is smart and mean and runs a very suave and successful magazine.

Everyone does a fantastic job in this movie, but Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway are the two shinning stars in this movie. They just go so well together it is simply amazing to see them on screen. Meryl Streep has quickly become one of my favorite actresses because of how diverse she can be wit her roles. The way she delivers her lines in this movie with that venomous pause placed in the right places just makes this movie well worth seeing.

There is a moral to this story. It is not hard to figure out and it makes a valid point. Is something worth going through if you lose more than you bargain for? Some may think so but those that sacrifice to have what they want in their job are the ones that are not too happy in the end any way.

I like every single scene that has Meryl Streep in it. She is just so hard NOT to watch. I could not help but wish her to come back on the screen to say something else in that demonic boss voice she created. It is what makes this movie so enjoyable.

Since I stated she is fast becoming one of my favorite actresses I would be lying if I said I would not want this movie. So I guess I am saying it is possible that I would spend money to have this in my movie collection just because she is in the movie. The Devil may wear Prada but boy she has style and that is what matters most? Or does it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home