Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Click

Genres: Comedy, Kids/Family and Science Fiction/Fantasy
Running Time:
1 hr. 38 min.
Release Date
: June 23rd, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating:
PG-13 for language, crude and sex related humor and some drug references.
Distributors:
Sony Pictures Releasing International, Sony Pictures Releasing

Directed by: Frank Coraci

JJ Rating: B+

People love to watch movies in their own home because they can control what they see and when they see it and if they want to repeat it or skip something. But if that was possible for one’s life how abusive would you be with it? That is the point of the movie Click.

A dad who is a workaholic wants a universal remote and that is exactly what he gets except he does not realize what the remote can actually do. But when he finds out that it works on his life he starts to have fun with it and then ends up having too much fun.

Click is a better than expected movie. I saw so many previews for it that it had put me off of this movie. Not until three people told me how much they liked it did I decide to give it a second chance. I am glad I did because it was worth it.

It has a good moral and apparently critics do not like when you can learn something useful in a movie because they blasted this movie as not good. It is a pity that they cannot see it for what it really is and would rather be mean. I like how there was a very good balance between humor and drama. You see the previews you do not realize that it can pull off something as dramatic as it does. That was a surprise. That was a very pleasant surprise.

The movie did so well because there was a theme that it kept focused on and because it focused on that theme it created a movie that could become a classic. I laughed at the funny parts and awed at the aw parts. I would say that that was the surprise of the summer to me.

I think this could be a movie I would own. It has that feel good feel to it and that makes it a good movie to watch again. It is a movie I would watch and would not even touch the remote to skip around to the good parts because the whole movie is the good part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home