Saturday, August 05, 2006

Clerks II

Genres: Comedy and Sequel
Running Time: 98 min.
Release Date: July 21st, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating: R for pervasive sexual and crude content including abberant sexuality, strong language and some drug material.
Distributors: MGM Distribution Company, The Weinstein Company

Directed by: Kevin Smith

JJ Rating: B

I did not see the first one but Andy was here and he wanted to and was to indecisive with what he wanted to see even though he really wanted to see Clerks II because the first one, to him, was funny. SO because he wanted to see it that was the movie we all went to see even though it took ME to say we are going to see it since HE wouldn’t bother just saying that’s what he wanted to do. Lame. I know.

I did not know what to expect. This should be bad considering how much I say I love movies but oh well I didn’t. I don’t feel like lying and saying ooh I know what to expect. I was not expecting to laugh really that much because I think crude humor is by far the easiest of all humor and the lamest of all humor to use in movies or in jokes. A two year old can use crude humor that’s how easy it is.

So this movie was full of mostly crude humor and I kind of figured that that would be what it would have so I was prepared for such things. However I was not prepared for one scene. That is why I like this movie for the most part was because of that once scene. Actually there are two scenes that I liked that made me like this movie over all.

This first one has to do with one character talking about his “girlfriend” and something she has that keeps her from having sex with him. It’s kind of hard to describe what it is that she has without giving away the entire scene and I don’t wanna do that because it’s way too funny to ruin. The other scene is more abrupt and out of the blue which is why it’s funny. It’s a “number” that is all I’ll say on that too because it’ll ruin the shock of it all.

I probably enjoyed the movie mainly because of the company but I did laugh for real so I guess I did enjoy it enough to laugh but not enough laughing from me to have me buy. I’m sure Andy will get it and I have been told I will be seeing the first one. He says the first one is better so I’ll just have to take his word on that until he brings that movie over and I watch it.

I can say that the movie was entertaining and I did have fun watching it. I guess that is what matters most…right? I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home